After last weeks Trump – Bolton backed coup attempt your help in supporting the Venezeula Solidarity Campaign it is more important than ever before
Please donate to the VSC special appeal.
As you know, this is a very difficult time for Venezuela, with the Trump administration threatening military action and this week backing a failed right-wing coup attempt – if such a coup was ever succesful, it would lead to a new Pinochet in Venezuela, with disastrous consequences for the country and region.
In response, VSC is campaigning harder than ever. Our work has been attacked by right-wing media and right-wing MPs, but we are determined to keep going and expand.
But to keep this going VSC needs your support and more resources.
Our work has included:
- Getting over 5000 people to sign our petition against ‘regime change’ and any coup
- Our Guardian letter signed by John McDonnell, Diane Abbott and others (and attacked by the Tories in Parliament)
- Our picket of the Bank of England, which got widespread international media coverage
- Our emergency rally, which was widely covered in Venezuela itself
- Over 30 events across the country, with more to come, plus speaking at over 70 union, Labour and other meetings
- Our social media is reaching 10,000s of people every week and growing by the day
- Our successful #NoWaronVenezuelaprotest.
We now need your support to further step up campaigning.Please chip in £20 or what you can afford here– we have set a £10,000 target for this appeal, which we need to organise more activity against Trump’s war agenda. We are already over 2/3 of the way there, and your donations make a real difference, so please chip in today:
- £20 pays for an office volunteer’s travel & lunch expenses for a day
- £30 pays for 1000 VSC flyers
- £50 pays for a night in a B&B or guest house for a stall volunteer at a union conference
- £100 pays for a month’s office network, e-mailing, telephone and website domain provisions
- £250 pays for room hire for a public meeting or film showing.
Don’t let Trump get away with his military threats and sanctions, please donateto our vital work today and help us loudly say No More Pinochets in Latin America !
Many thanks for your support,
Dr. Francisco Dominguez Venezuela Solidarity Campaign.
PS: Please help us keep up this level of activity by chipping in £20 or what you can afford here.